From london to Tenerife
Creating bespoke weddings & events that are authentically you!
Hi, we are Helen and Juan, a husband and wife team & owners of Licandro Weddings.
Choosing your wedding planner is one of the most important decisions to make and a huge part of working with your planner is trust.
You have to trust them to be your eyes & ears, deal with everything appropriately and believe in their judgement & skills.
A big part of trusting someone is getting to know them, so we hope this page gives you a little insight into who we are.
Why we created licandro weddings :
Tenerife is our home. Living on an island with so much natural beauty, amazing venues and incredible suppliers, we wanted to be able to show people what is available here in the Canary Islands.
Our aim is to offer destination weddings & events that are completely bespoke. Taking time to get to know you, so that we understand what makes you tick and can create a day completely in tune to your wishes, needs and personality!
We do not offer package deals and we do not believe that one size fits all!
We combined our professional backgrounds in event planning & photography to create our company.
We saw a gap in the market for couples seeking something unique, with the wow factor, but at affordable prices. We believe everyone deserves an instagram worthy wedding day, whatever your budget may be.
We are fully registered and know & comply with all laws and requirements in Tenerife. Planning a wedding or event can seem overwhelming, especially when hosting it in another country you may not be familiar with, but we are here to guide you through every step of the process.
We think being a husband & wife duo is the perfect combination for the job we do, we love working together and so far no divorce!
A little about us outside of work:
- We met here in Tenerife in 2010. We married in 2016 in London and again in 2017 in Tenerife. Experiencing the planning process ourselves - twice, we understand the emotions involved and are always here for any advice you need.
- Licandro is our surname. Top tip for foreigners living in Tenerife, it is not customary to change your family name after marriage. We have been asked more than once if we are siblings, awkward!!
- We are bilingual, both speaking fluent Spanish and English. At home we speak Spanglish, whoever starts the conversation picks the language!
- We love adventure and travelling, although we haven't yet had a honeymoon! The dream is to buy and deck out a camper van for spontaneous road trips. The landscape here is unreal, from volcanoes, beaches, mountains & forests these islands have it all.
- We have a real passion for what we do and care about every single person that entrusts us with their special day. We have worked tirelessly to build the reputation that we have and pride ourselves on the professionalism, attention to detail and love that we pour into every occasion that we plan or manage.
Drop us a hello! We can't wait to meet you!
Helen & Juan x
Helen: Wedding & Event Planner
Originally from London, I've always had a passion for organising and planning.
Before moving to Tenerife I founded my own entertainment company supplying dancers, models, musicians and speciality acts for companies including Peugeot, Cannon, MAC, Alton Towers, Selfridges, and Levi's and for esteemed events including Cannes Film festival.
My entertainment company was my gateway into the industry, when I began supplying entertainment for weddings, luxury events and children’s parties across London and the UK.
This led me to organising events full time, every detail from venue finding, entertainment, decoration design and on the day management.
I believe that every one deserves to have that dream day! I'm accommodating to your needs and preferences and I work day and night to guarantee your event will be unforgettable, stress free, fun filled and everything you ever wanted and more!
Fun Facts about me :
- I'm a super emotional soul - I may cry at your wedding!
- I am useless at taking a day off. Juan has to hide my phone & laptop.
- I cannot cook. I once famously burnt coffee!
- I love cats & we have a ridiculously spoilt rescue kitty, who runs our house!
- I love dancing. I was once a professional dancer & performed for artists including Phil Collins & Stevie Wonder and on live TV shows including X-Factor - Stuck on those "first dance" moves? Just ask me!
Things I love :
- Laughing until my stomach hurts is honestly my favourite thing to do & I have the most ridiculous laugh.
- Couples who write their own vows, I love listening to people in love
- Unusual first dance choices! Or dances that include something cultural.
- Fur babies on photo shoots.
- Couples open to my ideas, designs and suggestions for how to make their day awesome!
- Voice notes, you will receive many from me during the planning process
I can´t wait to start working on your wedding!
Juan: Wedding & Event Photographer
Originally from Uruguay, my passion for photography started when I moved to Spain, where I became involved with surf lifestyle and trying to capture the magic of it on film. This is still and will always be a big passion of mine.
When I later moved to London I turned my focus towards fashion photography and worked in this industry for five years, photographing for international modelling agencies including BAME, PRM, and BMA specializing in model's portfolio work, head shots and commercial photography.
Initially as a hobby I started to pick up an interest for couple's photography and soon realised that this is where my heart truly lies.
Moving back to Tenerife and creating Licandro Weddings I decided to focus one hundred percent on this side of my work. I now have the privilege of capturing special moments and documenting one of the most important days of your life. Proposals, weddings, elopements, renewal of vows, pregnancy shoots and family photography I love documenting these magical moments. I get to tell people's stories, showcase their love and bring it to life in front of the camera.
I get to know you to understand your vision and most importantly get a sense of how you interact as a couple before I photograph you.
I'm a non intrusive photographer and my goal is that you feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. I won't ask you to pose but will just gently guide you to get the best out of your photos. My aim is for you to get caught up in the moment, leaving me to capture all the special details and emotions. I'm all about the candid moments & taking those photos when you don't even know I'm there.
Fun facts about me:
- I moved to Europe at 17 and have lived in Madrid, Valencia, London, Lanzarote & Tenerife.
-Growing up I had a pet monkey, tiger, llama and anteater amongst other animals.
- I have ridiculous sized feet. I cannot buy shoes anywhere and nearly had to wear flip flops to my own wedding.
- I'm no expert when it comes to DIY. My in laws brought me a tool box a few years ago and I have no idea how to use anything in it!
Things I love:
-Surfing. If I ever get time off I try to head to the ocean
- Cooking, I come from a family of chefs. Perfect for us, as Helen is not allowed in the kitchen.
- Couples who want to have fun on their photoshoot
- Photographing raw emotion and real moments. I'm not a fan of posed shoots!
- Shooting outside in nature or finding quirky, unexpected indoor spaces
Let's get snapping!
BOOK YOUR COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
Let´s discuss your vision, chat through some ideas and take your first steps towards the stress free planning of your wedding, elopement or event in Tenerife